Selecting Metal Kick Plates for Your Application
When choosing aluminum kick plates versus stainless steel kick plates, keep in mind the intended use of the door.
The standard height is anywhere from 6 inches to 24”, but there are many different options available:
- Mop Plate – 8″ high and installed flush with the bottom of the door. Used to prevent janitorial mops from damaging the door.
- Armor plate – anything up to 48″ high, and covers the entire bottom half of the door.
- Stretcher plate – used in hospitals to prevent damage from gurneys and stretchers. Usually between 6″ and 12″ high, and installed at the approximate height of the handle, parallel to the floor.
A metal kick plate should always be ordered 2 inches narrower than the width of the door so that it doesn’t get in the way of the doorjamb when you are closing the door.
Placing Your Order
At Eagle Aluminum, we custom manufacture stainless steel and aluminum kick plates to your exact specifications and requirements. When you place an order with us, please remember to specify the following:
- Material – stainless steel or aluminum
- Dimensions – width and height
- Thickness (gauge) – 16 or 18
- Drilled or undrilled
- Finish – polished or brushed (stainless steel only) or anodized (aluminum only)
Call for pricing of stainless steel and aluminum kick plates today at 1-800-888-2044.
Kick Plates are Custom manufactured to your specifications.
- Stainless Steel or Aluminum
- Dimensions: A length x B height
- Desired Thickness (16 or 18 Gauge)
- Drilled or Undrilled
- Finish: Brushed, Polished (stainless steel only) or Anodized (aluminum only)