Shipping with Eagle Mouldings
Our business success is built on making sure you have the aluminum extrusions you need on time, on spec, and within budget.
Estimated Transit Times
Types of Shipments
Small Parcel Shipment
One of the most cost-effective methods Eagle Mouldings ships material is via small parcel carriers such as FedEx and UPS. The best pricing for shipping through small parcel carriers would include sending material that is 93” or less to allow overall packaging lengths to stay at 96” or less to avoid any overlength fees. Eagle Mouldings can ship material as long as 105” through small parcel, however, the customer will see an increase in shipping costs due to carrier overlength fees. For expedited shipping, the customer must order the material to be cut down to small parcel shipping lengths.
Long Haul Truck Shipment
For those who need longer lengths of material shipping via common LTL (less-than-truckload) carrier is a great option. Shipping any stock or custom lengths up to 28’ in tubes or bundles, pallets or crates, Eagle does their best to work with the most reliable and cost-effective carriers to transport your aluminum safely and on-time.
The final delivery address can sometimes influence your LTL shipment. Common carriers charge limited access fees for locations including but not limited to schools, churches, airports, military bases, construction job sites, shopping malls, strip malls, casinos, hotels, restaurants, colleges or universities, residential addresses, narrow streets, alleyways, and hospitals. Locations that do not have a forklift or loading dock may also be charged a liftgate fee by the carrier.
Full Truckloads (FTL) and Partial Truckloads
No aluminum order is too big or too small. Eagle Mouldings offers full and partial truckload direct shipping in cases where additional trailer space is needed to safely transport the aluminum order.
Eagle Mouldings proudly ships to any location that FedEx or UPS will deliver to. If material must be shipped internationally via LTL the customer is in charge of all brokerage services and customs clearances and fees.
Will Call and Collect Orders
Eagle Mouldings offers will call services for next-day pick-up on all stocked items at our warehouse in Loretto, MN. If the customer wishes to send a courier or common carrier to ship collect, customer must send the BOL (bill of lading), packing stickers, and schedule the shipment for pick-up between 2:00pm and 4:00pm, Monday through Friday. Ask your customer service representative for more information.
Eagle Mouldings offers same day shipping for most in stock non-oversized orders. It’s simple, order before 11:00 a.m. central time and we can have on a truck that day. We also offer same or next day delivery as well as expedited custom orders.
How We Ship
- All material is shipped from our warehouse location in Loretto, MN.
- Will call and collect shipping options are available
- We work with top logistic, courier and trucking companies allowing us the most competitive transit time and pricing.
- Eagle Mouldings is prepared to ship your order via small parcel carrier, long haul truck load, or even on a full truck when needed.
- Tracking for your order will be sent within 24 hours of your order leaving our location either directly from our carrier or from our freight department.
- Our material is shipped in carboard tubes, boxes, or on pallets depending on the shape of material and size of your order. Want your material crated? We can do that too!
- When shipping in a cardboard tube our packaging adds 3” to the overall length of your package – remember this when picking a cut length to save on freight costs!
Damaged & Lost Material
We do our best to work with the top carriers, but loss and damages is sometimes unavoidable.
What to do if your material is damaged:
- Notate with the driver when signing for the material and/or refuse shipment in its entirety
- Take photos of damage- the more details the better!
- Contact your sales rep:
- Send Eagle Mouldings the images and delivery receipt or let us know you refused the material
- Let Eagle Mouldings handle the rest:
- We will make a claim with the carrier and ship out replacement material at no cost to you!
We assume no liability for any loss or damage to material while in transit to or from our facility, whether in vehicles owned by Eagle Mouldings, the Customer, or a third party acting on our behalf or on the behalf of the Customer or a third party. Customer is responsible for handling charges on each order and assumes responsibility for all freight charges.