Benefits of Aluminum Extrusions
The use of aluminum has become a versatile and stable means of producing simple to complex aluminum shapes. Aluminum extrusions have many uses in architectural millwork, store fixture and displays, restaurants & hospitality, signs, specialty vehicles, marine, OEM, RV & Trailer, and custom applications.
Because aluminum is strong, resistant to rust and corrosion, easy to fabricate, and 100% recyclable it is often selected as the material of choice for structural and building materials. Aluminum can be easily formed, machined, and cast because of its malleability. Aluminum is a versatile and cost-effective material used in many applications.
Advantages of Aluminum Extrusions
- Affordable – Cost effective material and less expensive than other metal forming processes.
- Attractive Finishes – Aluminum can be anodized, polished, buffed.
- Conductive – Aluminum is a very good conductor of electricity.
- Corrosion Resistant – Protects against corrosion by making a thin reactive layer to oxygen.
- Customization – Aluminum extrusions are the preferred material in product solutions.
- Expansion – Has a large coefficient of linear expansion.
- Highly Reflective – Reflective for visible light and finish options.
- Heat Conductive – Dissipates heat, perfect for heat shielding applications
- Lightweight – Aluminum is about one-third the weight of steel, iron, brass, and copper.
- Low Maintenance – Naturally resistant to corrosion, does not require a protective layer.
- Malleable – Aluminum is easy to form, extrude, and machine into complex shapes.
- Non–toxic – Commonly found material and used safely.
- Paramagnetic – Avoids interference of magnetic fields when used in magnet x-ray devices.
- Precise – Can conform to very tight or close tolerances.
- Quality – Uniform quality when extruded and contains no mechanical joints.
- Recyclable – 100% recyclable. Aluminum can be recycled indefinitely without losing its structural integrity. Nearly 75% of all aluminum ever produced is still in use today.
- Strong – Aluminum extrusions are very strong and a high tensile strength range. Aluminum is very good for cold weather applications and becomes stronger as the temperature falls.
- Time-to-Market – Creating aluminum tooling is easier, reducing lead times in manufacturing.
Eagle Mouldings is a manufacturer, stocking warehouse, and supplier of custom and OEM aluminum extrusions. If we don’t have the extruded aluminum part that meets your specifications, our professionals will help you create and engineer one to meet your needs. Our custom and OEM extrusion services enable us to meet nearly any aluminum extrusion need our customer may have.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]