There’s nothing more relaxing than spending the day outdoors, enjoying the warm weather, a cool breeze, and the sounds of nature around you. Creating the perfect outdoor oasis takes time, and you’ll need just the right items to make your space one of a kind. While furniture such as chairs and tables, as well as a grill, are likely top the list, you don’t want to forget about an awning. The top reason for investing in an awning is simply that the right awning, whether for a patio, RV, motorhome, trailer, or commercial space, can take the outdoor space you have to the next level. Awnings instantly increase the functionality of your structure, protecting it from damage due to weather, sun, and dirt. Plus, awnings make spending time outdoors more comfortable and relaxing when added to homes and RVs.
If you’ve decided to purchase an awning, read on to learn why you should choose an aluminum awning extrusion and the benefits that make it a great choice for homes, RVs, and businesses.
Types of Awnings
You may not have given awnings much thought, so you might not be aware of just how versatile they can be. In fact, there are so many different types of awnings out there made from a wide range of materials. For example, retractable awnings can be extended or stored based on weather and need, while fixed awnings will remain in place to provide constant shelter. There are also free-standing awnings that are not affixed to any building or structure, allowing you to place outdoor seating areas wherever you’d like on your property.
After you’ve selected the type of awning, you’ll next need to consider the type of frame. While awning frames are available in numerous materials, the most popular choice is aluminum. Aluminum awning rails and tracks are most popular because the material is highly durable and corrosion-resistant. One of the primary benefits of awnings is protection from the elements, so it’s likely your awning will encounter moisture, dirt, and debris over time. Aluminum awnings are known to resist damage and signs of wear and tear, making them the ideal choice. There are many styles of aluminum window awnings, aluminum door awnings, aluminum porch awnings, as well as aluminum RV awnings, so you’re sure to be able to find the aluminum awnings you need.
5 Benefits of Aluminum Awning Extrusions
So just what are the benefits of aluminum awnings? Having your aluminum awning rails and aluminum awning rail tracks made from this material comes with unique benefits. The benefits of aluminum awnings include:
- Lightweight. Despite the high level of durability, aluminum is incredibly lightweight. In fact, they can weigh half as much as a steel alternative. The fact that aluminum awnings are light in weight is beneficial because it puts less stress on the structure it’s affixed to. Further, the installation process for aluminum window awnings, aluminum door awnings, aluminum porch awnings, and aluminum RV awnings is much easier and quicker with the lighter weight material.
- Durable. As discussed, aluminum is very durable and resistant to corrosion. When adding a feature such as an awning to your home or recreational vehicle, the last thing you want is to have to make costly repairs on a regular basis. Fortunately, with aluminum awnings you will not experience a great deal of wear and tear. Instead, aluminum awnings will resist bending, twisting, warping, cracking, and rusting even after being exposed to the elements.
- Easily Customized. When adding any feature to your home or RV, it’s natural to want something that is just as stylish as it is functional. Aluminum awnings can be customized in various ways to match the aesthetic of your home. Most importantly, you can easily select the size awning you want, as aluminum awning rails, aluminum awning channels, and aluminum awning rail tracks can be cut to your specific requirements. Then, you can apply the anodized color or paint finish you want to suit your home or commercial space.
- Affordable. When compared to other materials, aluminum awnings are incredibly affordable. This is especially true if you only need smaller awnings, or awnings in more traditional shapes.
- Low Maintenance. As a home, RV, or business owner, you already have a long list of maintenance requirements for your property. Fortunately, adding aluminum window awnings, aluminum door awnings, aluminum porch awnings, or aluminum RV awnings won’t require much upkeep. On occasion, simply spray down the components of your awning, including the aluminum awning rail, aluminum awning rail track, and aluminum awning channel. Doing this will remove any dirt and debris that may have built up over time. You may find the cleaning process easier with a combination of hot water and mild soap.
Aluminum Awnings Profiles from Eagle Mouldings
Eagle Mouldings is a leading provider of materials for aluminum awning profiles for homes, RVs, motorhomes, trailers, and businesses of all sizes. Our team is skilled to match you with the aluminum awning rail tracks, aluminum awning channel, and more to fit your unique specifications to make sure you get the most out of your aluminum awnings. We’re happy to help you find the right items based on your budget and project size. Browse our selection of aluminum channel and tracks to find what you need, or contact us for assistance.