When choosing aluminum kick plates versus stainless steel kick plates, keep in mind the intended use of the door.
The standard height is anywhere from 6 inches to 24”, but there are many different options available: Types of Kick Plates
- Mop Plate: Usually 8″ high and installed flush with the bottom of the door. Used to prevent janitorial mops from damaging the door.
- Armor plate: Anything up to 48″ high, and covers the entire bottom half of the door.
- Stretcher plate: Commonly used in hospitals to prevent damage from gurneys and stretchers. Usually between 6″ and 12″ high, and installed at the approximate height of the handle, parallel to the floor.
Kick Plates are Custom Manufactured to Your SpecificationsAt Eagle Mouldings, we custom manufacture stainless steel and aluminum kick plates to your exact specifications and requirements. When you place an order with us, please remember to specify the following:
- Material: Aluminum or Stainless Steel
- Dimensions: “A” length x “B” height
- Thickness: 16 or 18 Gauge
- Finish: Aluminum - Anodized Aluminum - Mill Finish Stainless Steel - Polished Stainless Steel - Brushed #4
- Holes: Drilled or Undrilled
- Corners: Radius or Square
- Quantity: Total needed